Rare Vintage 1920s Midnight Blue Dress Tailcoat Jacket - S
Free Delivery on UK Orders over £50
A rare and beautiful example of a 1920s midnight blue dress coat. Originally created to make horseriding easier the dress coat, or tailcoat has evolved to be worn at the most formal of occasions. The front of the coat is squarely cut away from the waist down exposing the trousers. The back of the jacket has two long 'tails' that extend down to the back of the knees. On the front of the jacket, there is a single welted pocket to place your pocket square and inside the jacket, there is one deep pocket which would have originally been used to store gloves. On the front of the jacket, there are six buttons stitched diagonally. These buttons are purely decorative as morning coats from this era do not fasten.
The coat is made of a soft wool and the lapels or revers are a silk with a subtle sheen. Framing the lapel is an intricate fabric cording which extends from the back of the collar to the end of the jacket. There are two buttons on the cuff of each sleeve and two buttons on the back of the coat just above where the tails start. The coat has been repaired at the front, please see photographs.
|Category||Jackets & Coats|
|Chest (flat garment) - (inches)||38|
|Length - (inches)||43|
|Fabric||Satin, Silk, Wool|
We Think You'll Love
- A.P.C. Black Wool Blazer Jacket - SSpecial Price £90.00 Regular Price £120.00
- Armani Exchange Two-Tone Grey Blazer Jacket - SSpecial Price £38.00 Regular Price £50.00
- Vintage 60s fleck blazer - S£85.00
- Rare 70s Unworn Deadstock Oleg Cassini Burma Disco Shirt - Style 21As low as £45.00
- Rare 70s Unworn Deadstock Oleg Cassini Burma Disco Shirt - Style 20As low as £55.00
- 90s Gianni Versace Couture Pinstripe Blazer Jacket - SSpecial Price £90.00 Regular Price £120.00