Antique Traditional Hand Embroidered Smock Shirt - XL
We Think You'll Love
- 70s Grey Abstract Patterned Short Sleeve Shirt - LSpecial Price £9.00 Regular Price £40.00
- Tie-Dye Psychedelic Shirt - MSpecial Price £26.00 Regular Price £30.00
- Bugatchi Patterned Cotton Shirt - LSpecial Price £34.00 Regular Price £40.00
- Vintage S/Sleeve Shirt Moda Patterned - MSpecial Price £30.00 Regular Price £35.00
- Eton Patterned Cotton Tailored Shirt - MSpecial Price £38.00 Regular Price £45.00
- Vintage horse print shirt - MSpecial Price £19.00 Regular Price £22.00
- PS Paul Smith Blue Gingham Shirt - LSpecial Price £19.00 Regular Price £30.00
- Vintage Men's Short Sleeve Patterned Shirt - MSpecial Price £30.00 Regular Price £35.00
- Vintage S/Sleeve Shirt Ethic Style Pink Patterned - MSpecial Price £30.00 Regular Price £35.00
- Rainbow Dripping Paint Effect White Shirt - LSpecial Price £13.00 Regular Price £20.00
- Dickies Short Sleeve Shirt - MSpecial Price £30.00 Regular Price £35.00
- Vintage S/Sleeve Shirt Summa - MSpecial Price £30.00 Regular Price £35.00
- J Crew Camo Cotton Shirt - MSpecial Price £19.00 Regular Price £30.00
- Wild pink oversized tropical patterned shirt- XLSpecial Price £23.00 Regular Price £35.00
- Blue Batik Short Sleeve Nehru Shirt - MSpecial Price £16.00 Regular Price £25.00
- John Varatos Paisley Shirt - MSpecial Price £26.00 Regular Price £35.00
- Vintage S/Sleeve Shirt Ethic Style Patterned - MSpecial Price £30.00 Regular Price £35.00
Antique hand embroidered smock, dating to the first half of the 20th century and originating from Eastern Europe.
Thick hand-woven white cotton is gathered at the back yoke to create the smock shape. Pintucks provide a decorative element on either side of an elaborately cross-stitched panel. Cuffs and collar are decorated in a similarly beautiful way.
Buttonholes at the collars back and front suggest that a seperate collar could at one point have been attached here.
Front fastening with press studs.
Triple button fastening at the cuffs with shell buttons, one of which has broken but could be easily replaced.
A rare piece in exceptional condition.
|Chest (flat garment) - (inches)||42|
|Length - (inches)||28|
|Sleeve - (inches)||24|
|Decade||20s, 30s, 40s|