Antique Traditional Hand Embroidered Smock Shirt - XL
Free Delivery on UK Orders over £50
Antique hand embroidered smock, dating to the first half of the 20th century and originating from Eastern Europe.
Thick hand-woven white cotton is gathered at the back yoke to create the smock shape. Pintucks provide a decorative element on either side of an elaborately cross-stitched panel. Cuffs and collar are decorated in a similarly beautiful way.
Buttonholes at the collars back and front suggest that a seperate collar could at one point have been attached here.
Front fastening with press studs.
Triple button fastening at the cuffs with shell buttons, one of which has broken but could be easily replaced.
A rare piece in exceptional condition.
|Chest (flat garment) - (inches)||42|
|Length - (inches)||28|
|Sleeve - (inches)||24|
|Decade||20s, 30s, 40s|
We Think You'll Love
- Vintage 70s Lucy Lamb Vinyl Transfer T-ShirtAs low as £25.00
- J Crew Camo Cotton Shirt - M£30.00
- Classic Calvin Klein Blue Patterned Shirt - SSpecial Price £26.25 Regular Price £35.00
- Grey Batik Patterned Short Sleeve Shirt - MSpecial Price £22.50 Regular Price £30.00
- 80s Dark Floral Mao Collared Shirt - MSpecial Price £26.25 Regular Price £35.00
- 70s Blue Patterned Striped Shirt - MSpecial Price £26.25 Regular Price £35.00
- 70s Grey Abstract Patterned Short Sleeve Shirt - LSpecial Price £30.00 Regular Price £40.00
- Vintage 70s Cowboy Vinyl Transfer T-ShirtAs low as £25.00
- Paul Smith Blue Patterned Long Sleeve Shirt - LSpecial Price £26.25 Regular Price £35.00
- Vintage 70s Slob Vinyl Transfer T-ShirtAs low as £25.00