70s Young Edwardian Asymmetric Velvet Dress - S
We Think You'll Love
- 50s Warm Toned Brown and Orange Patterned Dress - SSpecial Price £54.00 Regular Price £85.00
- 50s Vintage Leslie Fay Pink Evening Dress - SSpecial Price £93.00 Regular Price £145.00
- 60s Pale Green Embroidered Maxi Dress - SSpecial Price £48.00 Regular Price £75.00
- 60s Beige Embossed Floral Cheongsam Dress - SSpecial Price £45.00 Regular Price £70.00
- 60s Blue Patterned Midi Dress - SSpecial Price £48.00 Regular Price £75.00
- Black Embroidered Silver Edge Dress - SSpecial Price £23.00 Regular Price £35.00
- Chris By Christopher Bu Red Striped Carpet Party Dress - SSpecial Price £125.00 Regular Price £195.00
- 60s Long Sleeved Purple Ditsy Print Dress - SSpecial Price £39.00 Regular Price £60.00
- 90s Versace Jeans Couture Yellow Pansy Print Summer Dress - SSpecial Price £77.00 Regular Price £120.00
- Burberry Purple Nova Check Sleeveless Dress - SSpecial Price £96.00 Regular Price £150.00
- 50s Branell Black Silk Scalloped Petal Skirt Dress - SSpecial Price £61.00 Regular Price £95.00
- 50s Vintage Brown & Pink Occasion Dress - SSpecial Price £80.00 Regular Price £125.00
- Vintage 60s Hot Pink Textured Cotton Drop Waist Dress - SSpecial Price £77.00 Regular Price £120.00
- 1950s Red Dress with Black Button Detail - SSpecial Price £42.00 Regular Price £65.00
- Vintage 60s Velvet Floral Cheongsam Dress - SSpecial Price £42.00 Regular Price £65.00
- Vintage 1960s Chocolate brown Patterned Cheongsam Dress - SSpecial Price £42.00 Regular Price £65.00
- 50s Jo-Mar Spanish Style Embroidered Dress - SSpecial Price £80.00 Regular Price £125.00
- 60s Long Pink Lace Overlay Dress with Black Lace Ruffle Detail - SSpecial Price £45.00 Regular Price £70.00
- Vintage 60s Green & Orange Floral Patterned Cotton Dress - SSpecial Price £48.00 Regular Price £75.00
- Diane Von Furstenberg Brown Tiger Stripe Silk Party Dress - SSpecial Price £61.00 Regular Price £84.00
The Californian Young Edwardian line, inspired by the British Edwardian craze of the 1960s, and drawing on whimsical and romantic fashions of previous eras, opened its doors in 1964 and was renowned for producing, youth-centric, fashion-forward pieces until the mid-80s.
Due to these innovative designs, it has since become a label much-coveted by vintage collectors.
This piece is a beautiful 1930s-inspired early 70s chocolate brown rayon velvet dress with yellow satin collar and cuffs.
Cut like a jacket, in six panels, that are fitted at the waist and flare out toward the knee, the dress fastens to the side with five cloth covered buttons.
Sleeves puff at the shoulder with double darts at the elbow.
Typically 30s shawl collar is given a psychedelic, almost cartoonish update with a squared asymmetric peak.
Pointed cuffs are elongated and exaggerated and fasten with matching satin covered cuff links.
Unfortunately, the collar has several small discoloured marks, however, we are all still smitten with this amazing, unusual piece.
|Chest (flat garment) - (inches)||36|
|Length - (inches)||32|