50s Kamehameha Hawaiian Silk Halterneck Dress - S
We Think You'll Love
- 50s Jo-Mar Spanish Style Embroidered Dress - SSpecial Price £80.00 Regular Price £125.00
- 50s Warm Toned Brown and Orange Patterned Dress - SSpecial Price £54.00 Regular Price £85.00
- 60s Baby Blue Lace Over Satin Wiggle Dress - SSpecial Price £45.00 Regular Price £70.00
- 1940s Cold Rayon Snowdrop Novelty Print Dress - SSpecial Price £75.00 Regular Price £150.00
- 50s Algo Originals Pink Toned Floral Dress - SSpecial Price £48.00 Regular Price £75.00
- 50s 60s Black Elinor Gay Wiggle Dress - SSpecial Price £42.00 Regular Price £65.00
- Green Brocade 1950s Dress with Tulle Underskirt - SSpecial Price £113.00 Regular Price £150.00
- Burberry Purple Nova Check Sleeveless Dress - SSpecial Price £96.00 Regular Price £150.00
- 60s Long Pink Lace Overlay Dress with Black Lace Ruffle Detail - SSpecial Price £45.00 Regular Price £70.00
- 90s Versace Jeans Couture Yellow Pansy Print Summer Dress - SSpecial Price £77.00 Regular Price £120.00
- Rappi 1960s Silver Evening Dress - SSpecial Price £94.00 Regular Price £125.00
- 60s Blue Patterned Midi Dress - SSpecial Price £48.00 Regular Price £75.00
- 50s Pink Toned Floral Bubble Hem Dress - SSpecial Price £94.00 Regular Price £125.00
- 50s Joan Lee Black Lace & Organza Cocktail Dress - SSpecial Price £61.00 Regular Price £95.00
- 60s Beige Embossed Floral Cheongsam Dress - SSpecial Price £45.00 Regular Price £70.00
- 60s Blue Cotton Posy Print Shift Dress - SSpecial Price £39.00 Regular Price £60.00
- 60s Long Sleeved Purple Ditsy Print Dress - SSpecial Price £39.00 Regular Price £60.00
- 1950s Lawrence Duck Egg Blue & Black Velvet Party Dress - SSpecial Price £221.00 Regular Price £295.00
- 50s Branell Black Silk Scalloped Petal Skirt Dress - SSpecial Price £61.00 Regular Price £95.00
- 90s Blue Velvet Long Sleeve Dress - SSpecial Price £19.00 Regular Price £27.00
A beautiful and rare piece by The Kamehameha Garment Company. Set up in 1936 by Herbert Briner, Kamehameha were pioneers in Hawaiian ready-to-wear.
This piece is unusually, and luxuriously, made entirely from 100% silk, bar an area of cotton interfacing at the front bodice which, along with strips of boning, gives structure to the panelled torso.
An oversized hibiscus flower print is overlaid on a background of smaller traditional Hawaiian kapa batik-style patterns.
The skirt falls just shy of a complete circle and is finished with pockets.
The bodice is elasticated at the back and finished with a fold over bib collar and a halter neck strap, fixed in place with a button at one side, which can be undone and tucked inside the bodice, so that the dress can be worn strapless.
Finished with a hand stitched hem, this is a beutiful piece of exceptional quality.
|Chest (flat garment) - (inches)||34|
|Waist - (inches)||26|
|Length - (inches)||41|