50s Kamehameha Hawaiian Silk Halterneck Dress - S
Free Delivery on UK Orders over £50
A beautiful and rare piece by The Kamehameha Garment Company. Set up in 1936 by Herbert Briner, Kamehameha were pioneers in Hawaiian ready-to-wear.
This piece is unusually, and luxuriously, made entirely from 100% silk, bar an area of cotton interfacing at the front bodice which, along with strips of boning, gives structure to the panelled torso.
An oversized hibiscus flower print is overlaid on a background of smaller traditional Hawaiian kapa batik-style patterns.
The skirt falls just shy of a complete circle and is finished with pockets.
The bodice is elasticated at the back and finished with a fold over bib collar and a halter neck strap, fixed in place with a button at one side, which can be undone and tucked inside the bodice, so that the dress can be worn strapless.
Finished with a hand stitched hem, this is a beutiful piece of exceptional quality.
|Chest (flat garment) - (inches)||34|
|Waist - (inches)||26|
|Length - (inches)||41|
We Think You'll Love
- 70s vivid Floral Print Shift Dress - SSpecial Price £41.25 Regular Price £55.00
- 90s Black Floral Print Dress -SSpecial Price £18.75 Regular Price £25.00
- 90s does 70s Button Down Brown Western Dress - SSpecial Price £18.75 Regular Price £35.00
- 90s Tropical Green Palm Print Hawaiian Dress - SSpecial Price £21.00 Regular Price £28.00
- 90s Pink Shift Dress with Sweetheart Neckline - SSpecial Price £26.25 Regular Price £35.00
- 90s Lurex Maxi Dress - SSpecial Price £22.50 Regular Price £30.00
- Black Polka Dot 90s Halter Neck Dress - SSpecial Price £21.00 Regular Price £28.00
- 70s Navy Patterned Halter Neck Maxi Dress -Special Price £48.75 Regular Price £65.00