40s Floral Rayon Dress Asymmetric Gathers at the Hip - M
Free Delivery on UK Orders over £50
Beautiful 1940s floral cocktail dress in midweight knit rayon. Pink and purple stock-like flowers and green foliage tumble over the length of the dress, and are accented with acetate sequins at the hip. Pads are used to lengthen the line of the shoulder, which is then offset beautifully by a deep and daring- for the time certainly, v-neck collar.
Darts at the waist shape the dress. An asymmetric wrap skirt is gathered into five stitched down tucks at the hip. This is covered when worn with two fan-shaped loops of fabric, smocked at the back and pleated at the front to create fullness. One of these is affixed below the tucks at the hip and one above, laying over them when worn. It is to these blousy gathers of fabric that the sequins are stitched.
Side fastening with a white metal Talon zip.
Unfortunately, although there are very few issues with staining or wear- there is one small mark below the hip gather, which is not visible when worn, there are some issues with the condition. Namely that someone, in their wisdom or lack thereof, has, at a later date shortened the gown. The original belt is also missing, although the belt loops remain. They could be removed very simply, but we leave that decision to the dress's new owner.
|Chest (flat garment) - (inches)||41|
|Waist - (inches)||29|
|Length - (inches)||40|
We Think You'll Love
- 60s Black Nautical Dress - MSpecial Price £48.75 Regular Price £65.00
- 40s Black Peplum Midi Dress - M£125.00
- Burberry Black V-Neck Dress - M£195.00
- 60's Black Party Dress - M£85.00
- Orange Sleeveless Patterned Midi Dress - MSpecial Price £33.75 Regular Price £45.00
- 40's Black Long Sleeve Dress - M£125.00
- 90's Black Sleeveless Mini Dress - MSpecial Price £22.50 Regular Price £30.00
- Vintage 1940s Red Dress - M£125.00