30's Sheer White & Blue Embroidered Silk Organza Gown w/ Ruffle Trim Capelet - XS
Free Delivery on UK Orders over £50
Etherial 30's floor-length, sheer, white silk organza gown from Hollywood's Golden Age.
This dress is part of a less well remembered trend in the 1930s for sheer fabric gowns, which would have been worn over a slip of either neutral or contrasting fabric, and unusually, were worn as both day and evening wear, in fact in 1933 the LA Times reported that 'tailored sheer dresses' would make an excellent choice for 'hot-weather daytime fashion'.
In this dreamy example, sheer fabric is studded with pale blue embroidered floral motifs from nape to hem.
The gown is fitted at the bodice with darts from the waist, from which falls a typically 30s, bias cut, full circle skirt.
Finished at the shoulder with a pale blue satin ruffle trim capelet, this piece is truly stunning and would even make a beautiful and unique wedding dress.
Side fastening metal Lightning zip closure.
Unfortunately, as is often the case with a garment of this age, there are some issues with condition, although the fabric sustains no marks or stains, which is a near miracle considering the white fabric (!), there are several small holes by the side seam of the skirt. The dress is however, still very wearable.
|Chest (flat garment) - (inches)||32|
|Waist - (inches)||24|
|Length - (inches)||56|
We Think You'll Love
- Vintage 70s Charlies Angels Vinyl Transfer T-ShirtAs low as £30.00
- Vintage 70s Captain Kremmen Vinyl Transfer T-ShirtAs low as £25.00
- Vintage 70s Harley Davidson Vinyl Transfer T-ShirtAs low as £25.00
- Vintage 70s Mustang Vinyl Transfer T-ShirtAs low as £25.00
- 70s Large Floral Print Hawaiian Shift Dress - XSSpecial Price £50.00 Regular Price £75.00
- Vintage 70s Get Your Kicks on Route 66 Vinyl Transfer T-ShirtAs low as £30.00