30's Sheer White & Blue Embroidered Silk Organza Gown w/ Ruffle Trim Capelet - XS
We Think You'll Love
- 80s does 40s Burgundy Print Dress - XSSpecial Price £24.00 Regular Price £35.00
- Vintage 1950s Black Seersucker and Satin Wiggle Dress - XSSpecial Price £51.00 Regular Price £75.00
- 1950s Vintage Ricky Formals Strapless Lavender Prom Dress - XSSpecial Price £139.00 Regular Price £185.00
- Vintage 30s 40s Green & Gold Gingham Criss Cross Lace Up Day Dress - XSSpecial Price £124.00 Regular Price £165.00
- 70s Large Floral Print Hawaiian Shift Dress - XSSpecial Price £19.00 Regular Price £75.00
- 50s Blue and Green Tartan Cotton Dress - XSSpecial Price £57.00 Regular Price £85.00
- 70s Vintage Cream Watercolour Patterned 70s Dress - XS / SSpecial Price £30.00 Regular Price £40.00
- 50s Vintage Cornflower Blue Floral Pencil Dress - XSSpecial Price £30.00 Regular Price £45.00
- Vintage 1950s Sage Green Uniform Dress - XSSpecial Price £30.00 Regular Price £45.00
- 50s Vintage Duck Egg Blue Tiered Dress - XSSpecial Price £146.00 Regular Price £195.00
- 80s Navy and White Striped Shift Dress - XSSpecial Price £19.00 Regular Price £28.00
- PRADA S/S 2011 STRIPED Colour Blocked RUFFLE DRESS - XSSpecial Price £221.00 Regular Price £295.00
Etherial 30's floor-length, sheer, white silk organza gown from Hollywood's Golden Age.
This dress is part of a less well remembered trend in the 1930s for sheer fabric gowns, which would have been worn over a slip of either neutral or contrasting fabric, and unusually, were worn as both day and evening wear, in fact in 1933 the LA Times reported that 'tailored sheer dresses' would make an excellent choice for 'hot-weather daytime fashion'.
In this dreamy example, sheer fabric is studded with pale blue embroidered floral motifs from nape to hem.
The gown is fitted at the bodice with darts from the waist, from which falls a typically 30s, bias cut, full circle skirt.
Finished at the shoulder with a pale blue satin ruffle trim capelet, this piece is truly stunning and would even make a beautiful and unique wedding dress.
Side fastening metal Lightning zip closure.
Unfortunately, as is often the case with a garment of this age, there are some issues with condition, although the fabric sustains no marks or stains, which is a near miracle considering the white fabric (!), there are several small holes by the side seam of the skirt. The dress is however, still very wearable.
|Chest (flat garment) - (inches)||32|
|Waist - (inches)||24|
|Length - (inches)||56|