30's Sheer White & Blue Embroidered Silk Organza Gown w/ Ruffle Trim Capelet - XS
We Think You'll Love
- 50s Vintage Cornflower Blue Floral Pencil Dress - XSSpecial Price £29.00 Regular Price £45.00
- PRADA S/S 2011 STRIPED Colour Blocked RUFFLE DRESS - XSSpecial Price £221.00 Regular Price £295.00
- 80s teal Dotty Midi Dress - XSSpecial Price £26.00 Regular Price £27.00
- 1960s Ditzy Floral Print Cotton Dress - XSSpecial Price £55.00 Regular Price £65.00
- 1980s Hot Pink Stretch Jersey Mini Dress - XSSpecial Price £38.00 Regular Price £45.00
- Ralph Lauren Summer Floral Dress StretchSpecial Price £43.00 Regular Price £50.00
- Y2K HIGHER STATE glitter mini DressSpecial Price £38.00 Regular Price £45.00
- Vintage yellow floral ribbon strap dress - XSSpecial Price £64.00 Regular Price £65.00
- Vintage 30s 40s Green & Gold Gingham Criss Cross Lace Up Day Dress - XSSpecial Price £124.00 Regular Price £165.00
- 1960s Blue & Green Print Cheongsam - XSSpecial Price £55.00 Regular Price £65.00
- 80s does 40s Burgundy Print Dress - XSSpecial Price £23.00 Regular Price £35.00
- Hardwood Classics NBA Philadelphia 76ers sleeveless dress - MSpecial Price £38.00 Regular Price £45.00
- Guess By Marciano Kimono Style Dress - XSSpecial Price £149.00 Regular Price £175.00
- White Floral Embroidery Summer Dress- XSSpecial Price £55.00 Regular Price £65.00
- 70s Vintage Cream Watercolour Patterned 70s Dress - XS / SSpecial Price £29.00 Regular Price £45.00
- 80s Navy and White Striped Shift Dress - XSSpecial Price £18.00 Regular Price £25.00
Etherial 30's floor-length, sheer, white silk organza gown from Hollywood's Golden Age.
This dress is part of a less well remembered trend in the 1930s for sheer fabric gowns, which would have been worn over a slip of either neutral or contrasting fabric, and unusually, were worn as both day and evening wear, in fact in 1933 the LA Times reported that 'tailored sheer dresses' would make an excellent choice for 'hot-weather daytime fashion'.
In this dreamy example, sheer fabric is studded with pale blue embroidered floral motifs from nape to hem.
The gown is fitted at the bodice with darts from the waist, from which falls a typically 30s, bias cut, full circle skirt.
Finished at the shoulder with a pale blue satin ruffle trim capelet, this piece is truly stunning and would even make a beautiful and unique wedding dress.
Side fastening metal Lightning zip closure.
Unfortunately, as is often the case with a garment of this age, there are some issues with condition, although the fabric sustains no marks or stains, which is a near miracle considering the white fabric (!), there are several small holes by the side seam of the skirt. The dress is however, still very wearable.
|Chest (flat garment) - (inches)||32|
|Waist - (inches)||24|
|Length - (inches)||56|