Work with us!
Rokit is the beating heart of London's vintage scene with a worldwide online audience and has proudly held this title for nearly 30 years. Our four stores are based in vibrant and exciting London neighbourhoods; Covent Garden houses our flagship, the vintage haven Brick Lane hosts two stores and our original bricks and mortar stands opposite the market in Camden where the brand was born one sultry summer in 1986.
The rest of the team are based under one roof in the UK's largest vintage warehouse where around 8,000 garments are processed for the stores every week, the Rokit Recycled team customise and create clothing and accessories from unusable garments alongside the website and marketing teams.
The success of the company is in our staff. The energy, enthusiasm and expertise of our teams drive the business forward. We're always looking for great people to join us - people who are as passionate as we are.
Part time sales associate 107 Bricklane
An exciting opportunity has arisen in our Bricklane collections store for a part time sales associate to join the team.
We are looking for reliable, flexible, pro active individuals with heaps of energy that can deliver a high level of customer service in a fast paced environment.
If you have a passion for Vintage culture, thrive off being a part of a dynamic team and love spending your day talking to different types of people then drop your CV into store and meet the team or send your CV and cover letter over to email@example.com
Assistant store manager Camden
The main objective of the role is to support the store manager to manage all store operations, customer service and lead a dynamic team to drive the store forward.
You will have an excellent floor presence and be responsible for store sales, service, loss prevention and ensuring the store is compliant with policy and procedures set in place.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
You will be a strong leader with the ability to coach in the moment and give positive and constructive feedback.
Inspire the team to provide a high level of customer service that represents the Rokit ethos.
- Be able to recruit, train and develop a team.
- Have experience of people development i.e Development plans, Performance reviews, and disciplinary procedures.
- Conduct daily meetings to inspire and motivate your team whilst communicating necessary information.
- Be able to communicate with teammembers from various aspects of the business in a professional and concise manner.
- Be able to organise and prioritise projects and tasks and delegate effectively.
- Ensure operational tasks and daily store set-ups are completed in a timely manner.
- Manage daily shipment processes and ensure the shop floor gets replenished.
- Ensure stocktakes are completed accurately and efficiently on a weekly basis.
- Support the store manager and ensure the store is compliant with health and safety processes as well and company policy and procedures.
- Analyse company reports and work alongside your store manager and company's visual team to react to trends and make commercial decisions.
- Ensure the team are compliant with store standards set in place.
- Keep up to date with current market trends.
- Create and manage relationships in the community.
REQUIRED KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE:
- Experience in a management or supervisory role working in a fashion retail environment.
- Must be a motivated individual with the ability to create a vibrant atmosphere for both the team and our customers.
- Proven ability to drive and increase sales KPI's.
- Proven record of recognising and developing talented individuals.
- A passion and understanding for Vintage fashion, lifestyle and culture.
To apply please email your cv and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org
Rokit Head Office Intern
We are looking for an intern to join us at our Rokit Head Office. You will be responsible for providing support and assisting across a variety of departments within the marketing department, warehouse and stores. This is a multi-faceted role, and a real opportunity to gain experience with an online and offline team.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITES
Social media and photography:
- Create exciting and innovative content to promote Rokit brand and products. You will work closely with our two photographers, under the supervision of the social coordinator to produce flat lays and still life product shots for our social channels, with a primary focus on Instagram. You will assist in setting up and breaking down photoshoots, returning the items used to the relevant area of the warehouse, and coming up with different and refreshing ways to shoot the product.
- Conduct competitor analysis and market research on social platforms. Researching what other vintage brands and high street retailers are doing, what we can utilise and how we can improve.
- Collect on-location content. Assisting the photographers on trips to stores to capture great imagery for our social channels, as well as street style in the area.
Press / content:
- Research, propose and create articles focussing on culture, style and historical vintage. Feed these ideas to the content executive, and assist in building blog posts.
- Manage expectations of Rokit Vintage and Dust PR collaboratively to ensure all press requests are sent complete and on time.
- Pick, pack and process paperwork for all outgoing web press loans.
- Delegate sufficient time to manage and log the return of all web and store press loans.
- Update relevant spreadsheets to charge liable parties for missing and overdue press loans.
- Proactively suggest ways to improve and hone the press loans process.
- Keep abreast of all Rokit Vintage press coverage and suggest ways of marketing this.
- Support the Creative Director and in-store teams with store merchandising concepts and implementation in the four Rokit stores - located in Covent Garden, Camden and Brick Lane.
- Support the Creative Director with window design de-rigging and installations
- Occasional support for in-store events and pop-up events on an ad-hoc basis.
- Work with the online stock manager to ensure all products are put back in order once used for photography, press loans etc.
- Picking and packing online orders under the supervision of the stock manager.
- Assist with the e-commerce product copy to support the copywriters in busy periods.
Although this is an independent role, as much support as is required is given. You will be asked to give updates on projects on a daily basis to ensure communication is clear. You are encouraged to come up with your own ideas and projects and spend time developing them. If in doubt, ask. Please note, this is an unpaid position, however travelling expenses will be covered and you will be given a £10 clothing allowance to spend at Rokit for everyday worked.
To apply, please send a CV and covering letter to email@example.com