Work with us!
Rokit is the beating heart of London's vintage scene with a worldwide online audience and has proudly held this title for nearly 30 years. Our four stores are based in vibrant and exciting London neighbourhoods; Covent Garden houses our flagship, the vintage haven Brick Lane hosts two stores and our original bricks and mortar stands opposite the market in Camden where the brand was born one sultry summer in 1986.
The rest of the team are based under one roof in the UK's largest vintage warehouse where around 8,000 garments are processed for the stores every week, the Rokit Recycled team customise and create clothing and accessories from unusable garments alongside the website and marketing teams.
The success of the company is in our staff. The energy, enthusiasm and expertise of our teams drive the business forward. We're always looking for great people to join us - people who are as passionate as we are.
The main objective of this role is to support the management
team to create a vibrant, high achieving environment.
Your main focus at all times must be customer service. You must lead by example whilst inspiring and driving your team.
Use your initiative and be pro-active to achieve the best results for you and your team.
- Ensure every customer is acknowledged as they enter the store.
- Create a rapport with customers by making conversation on the shop floor and service points.
- Encourage team members by coaching in the moment.
- Feedback to team members that are underperforming in this area.
- Feedback to team members that are delivering a high level of service.
- Teamwork and Communication
- Ensure you are the communication bridge between the team and the management team.
- Communicate in a professional manner to all company employees.
- Clear and concise handovers must be written.
- Ensure the team brief is delivered to the team in a motivated and engaging manner.
- Feedback in a constructive manner.
- Take initiative to give additional training when needed.
People and Leadership
- Delegate appropriate tasks to the correct team member and always follow up.
- Assist in the development and training of team members.
- Ensure daily rotas are upheld and team move around/complete tasks in a timely manner.
- Assume responsibility in the management teams absence for store performance including customer service and tasks achieved.
- Manage teams absence and lateness.
- Confidence in ability of managing service points i.e Fitting room, till operations etc.
- Understanding of store goals and performance.
- Ensure Delivery is completed within set time-frame.
- Ensure Inventory tasks i.e Press loans, Stock takes are achieved accurately in a timely manner.
- Replenish the stock floor in priority order.
- Keep back of house organised.
- Have a strong awareness of loss prevention and adhere to company policy and procedures.
- Ensure store is compliant with health and safety regulations at all times.
- Ensure the store is maintained within company standards.
- Use initiative and walk the floor every morning and close down to take note of what needs to be achieved.
- Use the standard training pack regularly to refresh yourself and team members of company expectations.
- Ensure stock levels are maintained to the correct level.
If you are interested in taking your next career step in Rokit then send your CV, cover letter and current salary/Pay rate to firstname.lastname@example.org
Some exciting opportunities have arisen in our stores for part time sales associates to join the team.
We are looking for reliable, flexible, pro active individuals with heaps of energy that can deliver a high level of customer service in a fast paced environment.
If you have a passion for Vintage culture, thrive off being a part of a dynamic team and love spending your day talking to different types of people then drop your CV into store and meet the team or send your CV and cover letter with your desired store over to email@example.com
Rokit Head Office Intern
We are looking for an intern to join us at our Rokit Head Office. You will be responsible for providing support and assisting across a variety of departments within the marketing department, warehouse and stores. This is a multi-faceted role, and a real opportunity to gain experience with an online and offline team.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITES
Social media and photography:
- Create exciting and innovative content to promote Rokit brand and products. You will work closely with our two photographers, under the supervision of the social coordinator to produce flat lays and still life product shots for our social channels, with a primary focus on Instagram. You will assist in setting up and breaking down photoshoots, returning the items used to the relevant area of the warehouse, and coming up with different and refreshing ways to shoot the product.
- Conduct competitor analysis and market research on social platforms. Researching what other vintage brands and high street retailers are doing, what we can utilise and how we can improve.
- Collect on-location content. Assisting the photographers on trips to stores to capture great imagery for our social channels, as well as street style in the area.
Press / content:
- Research, propose and create articles focussing on culture, style and historical vintage. Feed these ideas to the content executive, and assist in building blog posts.
- Manage expectations of Rokit Vintage and Dust PR collaboratively to ensure all press requests are sent complete and on time.
- Pick, pack and process paperwork for all outgoing web press loans.
- Delegate sufficient time to manage and log the return of all web and store press loans.
- Update relevant spreadsheets to charge liable parties for missing and overdue press loans.
- Proactively suggest ways to improve and hone the press loans process.
- Keep abreast of all Rokit Vintage press coverage and suggest ways of marketing this.
- Support the Creative Director and in-store teams with store merchandising concepts and implementation in the four Rokit stores - located in Covent Garden, Camden and Brick Lane.
- Support the Creative Director with window design de-rigging and installations
- Occasional support for in-store events and pop-up events on an ad-hoc basis.
- Work with the online stock manager to ensure all products are put back in order once used for photography, press loans etc.
- Picking and packing online orders under the supervision of the stock manager.
- Assist with the e-commerce product copy to support the copywriters in busy periods.
Although this is an independent role, as much support as is required is given. You will be asked to give updates on projects on a daily basis to ensure communication is clear. You are encouraged to come up with your own ideas and projects and spend time developing them. If in doubt, ask. Please note, this is an unpaid position, however travelling expenses will be covered and you will be given a £10 clothing allowance to spend at Rokit for everyday worked.
To apply, please send a CV and covering letter to firstname.lastname@example.org