Work with us!
Rokit is the beating heart of London's vintage scene with a worldwide online audience and has proudly held this title for nearly 30 years. Our four stores are based in vibrant and exciting London neighbourhoods; Covent Garden houses our flagship, the vintage haven Brick Lane hosts two stores and our original bricks and mortar stands opposite the market in Camden where the brand was born one sultry summer in 1986.
The rest of the team are based under one roof in the UK's largest vintage warehouse where around 8,000 garments are processed for the stores every week, the Rokit Recycled team customise and create clothing and accessories from unusable garments alongside the website and marketing teams.
The success of the company is in our staff. The energy, enthusiasm and expertise of our teams drive the business forward. We're always looking for great people to join us - people who are as passionate as we are.
Full time Supervisors - Covent Garden/101 Brick Lane
Attention all vintage enthusiasts. Rokit Vintage are now hiring! We are looking for motivated, energetic and passionate individuals to take on their next challenge within the UK's biggest established Vintage company.
We have opportunities in our Camden and Brick Lane 101 store for supervisors to join the team.
The main objective of this role is to support the management team to drive the store forward. You must be able to act as a role model and inspire and lead a team whilst driving service, sales and maintaining store standards. You must lead by example and deliver a high level of consistent customer service that represents Rokit and stands out from the market.
- Drive customer service to ensure the store is reaching its full potential.
- Coach in the moment and be able to give positive and constructive feedback.
- Communicate with a wide variety of Rokit employees in a clear and professional manner.
- Ability to delegate effectively.
- Use initiative to prioritise tasks in a timely and efficient manner.
- Manage operational tasks i.e Processing delivery and markdowns.
- responsible for opening and closing the store.
- Vigilant with loss prevention.
- Encourage the rest of the team to be compliant with company policy and procedures.
- Maintain store standards and cleanliness and ensure the correct levels of stock are on the shop floor.
- Understand market trends.
If you feel you are ready to progress to the next step and take on a new challenge please email your cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org
eCommerce + Marketing Manager
You will be joining the company at an exciting time of rapid expansion. You will be expected to lead our internal and external teams in day-to-day eCommerce and marketing, particularly overseeing the development of a new Magento website.
Key areas of responsibility include:
- Improving conversion rates and basket spend, maximising
opportunity from the process of placing an order and building brand
loyalty - Work with external development agency to manage
overseeing the building and development of a new Magento website,
reflective of the Rokit brand, ensuring key deadlines are met as
per the project timeframe
- Overseeing the delivery of all current site updates and maintenance with existing developers in a clear and concise manor alongside the new transition - Ensure SEO changes are made on website, manage agency to deliver against keywords, measure performance and revise strategy based on business needs
- Overseeing the stock management system, including managing products and promotions, to deliver KPI's - Work with the area manager and conduct industry and market analysis to identifying key opportunities of growth, both online and offline
- Create sales analysis reports to identify opportunities of growth and improvement
- Responsible for the management of the brand's online channel and improving brand awareness
- Management, planning and implementation of the promotional and marketing calendar for the online store and across the wider company
- Strategic planning and implementation with marketing executive in key marketing growth opportunities including social media, emails, partnerships and outreach
- Lead the email marketing programme, including content and graphics, aswell as automation implementation with other marketing tools
- Working closely on the marketing calendar with external agency's including PR, Affiliates, ESP, retargeting, SEO and PPC
- Report on eCommerce marketing activity from site analytics to email open and click-through rates
- Management of customer service process, stock management, stock takes, returns, queries etc
- Budget management, delegation and optimisation
- Managing a team of nine aswell as relations with stores as well as other departments
The ideal person will have 3 years' experience in eCommerce, one year of which should be in a managerial role. Experienced in online business development and managing transnational websites and web projects. Comfortable with managing external parties and have extensive knowledge of PPC & SEO, Google Analytics, Dotmailer or similar ESPs, and understanding of UX and the customer journey. Experience of working with CMS is essential, Magento is preferable. An interest in vintage fashion is also essential, along with possessing excellent written and spoken English. We are looking for an individual to come and take ownership of the position at this time of expansion.
Please send your CV, cover letter and current salary to email@example.com and firstname.lastname@example.org