Work with us!
Rokit is the beating heart of London's vintage scene with a worldwide online audience and has proudly held this title for nearly 30 years. Our four stores are based in vibrant and exciting London neighbourhoods; Covent Garden houses our flagship, the vintage haven Brick Lane hosts two stores and our original bricks and mortar stands opposite the market in Camden where the brand was born one sultry summer in 1986.
The rest of the team are based under one roof in the UK's largest vintage warehouse where around 8,000 garments are processed for the stores every week, the Rokit Recycled team customise and create clothing and accessories from unusable garments alongside the website and marketing teams.
The success of the company is in our staff. The energy, enthusiasm and expertise of our teams drive the business forward. We're always looking for great people to join us - people who are as passionate as we are.
Assistant store manager 101 Bricklane
An opportunity has arisen in our Bricklane 101 store for an assistant manager to join and lead the team towards continued success.
We are looking for a motivated, energetic and passionate individual to take on their next challenge within a dynamic company.
The main objective of the role is to support the store manager to oversee store operations, customer service and team development.
You will be an inspirational role model able to lead and coach the team to drive the store forward.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Be a pro-active leader and positive role model with excellent floor presence.
- Be able to create an energetic store environment that reflects the brand and inspires both the team and our customers.
- Inspire the team to provide a high level of customer service that represents the Rokit ethos.
- Take total responsibility for the store sales and teams performance in the absence of the store manager.
- Must have the ability to coach in the moment and give positive and constructive feedback.
- Be able to support the store manager to manage and coach the team's personal development.
- Support the manager to maintain store policy and procedures that have been put in place including managing absence and lateness.
- Conduct daily meetings to inspire and motivate the team and communicate necessary information.
- Be able to communicate to members from various aspects of the business in a professional and concise manner.
- Be able to organise and prioritise projects and tasks and delegate effectively.
- Ensure operational tasks and daily store set-ups are completed in a timely manner.
- Manage daily shipment processes and ensure the shop floor gets replenished to the correct levels.
- Manage the stores Stock loss.
- Ensure stock take's are completed accurately and efficiently on a weekly basis.
- Analyse company reports and tools and conduct weekly walkthroughs with the area manager in the store managers absence.
- Ensure the team are compliant with visual store standards set in place.
- Keep up to date with current market trends and recognise opportunities to increase traffic and KPI's in store.
REQUIRED KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE
- Experience in a supervisory or management role working in a fashion retail environment.
- Must be a motivated individual with strong communication skills.
- Proven ability to drive and increase sales KPI's.
- Proven record of recognising and coaching talented individuals.
- A passion and understanding for Vintage fashion, lifestyle and culture.
To apply please send your CV and covering letter to firstname.lastname@example.org
Please include your current salary.
An opportunity has arisen in both our Bricklane 101 and Camden stores for supervisors to join our Rokit team.
We are looking for a motivated, energetic and passionate individual to take on their next challenge within the company. The main objective of this role is to support the management team to drive the store forward.
The individual must be able to act as a role model and inspire and lead a team whilst driving service, sales and maintaining store standards.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITES
- They will need to be able to coach in the moment and give positive and constructive feedback.
- They must have the ability to delegate efficiently and use their initiative to prioritise tasks in a timely and efficient manner.
- They will manage operational tasks, ensure delivery is completed in a timely and efficient manner and be responsible for opening and closing the store.
- They must also be vigilant with loss prevention and encourage the rest of the team to be compliant with company policy and procedures.
- They must lead by example and deliver a high level of consistent customer service that represents Rokit and stands out from the high street and competitors.
If you feel you are ready to progress to the next step and take on a new challenge please email your CV and cover letter to email@example.com
Website product pricer
Location: South Tottenham, London
Start date: Immediate
Salary: £8 - £9 p/h dependant on experience
Ft/PT: Flexible - this role could be part time or full time
Do you have a passion for vintage clothing? We have an immediate requirement for a website product pricer to price vintage items from all eras for the Rokit website.
Reporting to the Production Manager, you will be responsible for setting the prices for all items selling through the Rokit website.
You will be able to identify the price of vintage pieces from the 40s through to the 90s. You will have a good eye for quality and detail and be happy to research rare pieces to support sell through on the website. You will be an independent worker but take a keen interest in the wider ecommerce team success - working quickly and efficiently with the team of website photographers, content managers and copywriters.
- Identify optimums and efficiencies in ways of working to maximise product flow .
- Hand pick and identify products for sale on the website - including top quality, specialist and designer items.
- Measure all items accurately and input to Microsoft RMS or website CMS
- Liaise with product photographers to ensure items are priced correctly and ready in accordance with daily targets
- Research designer and specialist items where necessary to support the website product managers and copywriters.
- Use your specialist knowledge when pricing classic and designer items, special prices, rare labels and prominent decades.
- Ensure pricing is in line with current website and competitors.
- Support development of the Rokit website to improve user experience and revenue
- Understanding of Microsoft RMS and website content management systems / ability to learn new software quickly.
- Experience in retail or fashion beneficial
- Enthusiasm for vintage fashion beneficial
- Positive attitude
- Attention to detail
Full time or part time available.
To apply, please email your CV and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org
Rokit Head Office Intern
We are looking for an intern to join us at our Rokit Head Office. You will be responsible for providing support and assisting across a variety of departments within the marketing department, warehouse and stores. This is a multi-faceted role, and a real opportunity to gain experience with an online and offline team.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITES
Social media and photography:
- Create exciting and innovative content to promote Rokit brand and products. You will work closely with our two photographers, under the supervision of the social coordinator to produce flat lays and still life product shots for our social channels, with a primary focus on Instagram. You will assist in setting up and breaking down photoshoots, returning the items used to the relevant area of the warehouse, and coming up with different and refreshing ways to shoot the product.
- Conduct competitor analysis and market research on social platforms. Researching what other vintage brands and high street retailers are doing, what we can utilise and how we can improve.
- Collect on-location content. Assisting the photographers on trips to stores to capture great imagery for our social channels, as well as street style in the area.
Press / contnet:
- Research, propose and create articles focussing on culture, style and historical vintage. Feed these ideas to the content executive, and assist in building blog posts.
- Manage expectations of Rokit Vintage and Dust PR collaboratively to ensure all press requests are sent complete and on time.
- Pick, pack and process paperwork for all outgoing web press loans.
- Delegate sufficient time to manage and log the return of all web and store press loans.
- Update relevant spreadsheets to charge liable parties for missing and overdue press loans.
- Proactively suggest ways to improve and hone the press loans process.
- Keep abreast of all Rokit Vintage press coverage and suggest ways of marketing this.
- Support the Creative Director and in-store teams with store merchandising concepts and implementation in the four Rokit stores - located in Covent Garden, Camden and Brick Lane.
- Support the Creative Director with window design de-rigging and installations
- Occasional support for in-store events and pop-up events on an ad-hoc basis.
- Work with the online stock manager to ensure all products are put back in order once used for photography, press loans etc.
- Picking and packing online orders under the supervision of the stock manager.
- Assist with the e-commerce product copy to support the copywriters in busy periods.
Although this is an independent role, as much support as is required is given. You will be asked to give updates on projects on a daily basis to ensure communication is clear. You are encouraged to come up with your own ideas and projects and spend time developing them. If in doubt, ask. Please note, this is an unpaid position, however travelling expenses will be covered and you will be given a £10 clothing allowance to spend at Rokit for everyday worked.
To apply, please send a CV and covering letter to email@example.com